Sunway iLabs has officially been recognised as Malaysia’s fifth Digital Hub, which is an initiative by Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) to provide startups and tech entrepreneurs dynamic workspaces and connections to achieve rapid growth. The initiative also serves to help Malaysia establish itself as a digital and tech hub in the ASEAN region.
“MDEC’s target in 2017 was to establish three Digital Hubs, and we are happy that we have surpassed our target,” said Datuk Yasmin Mahmood, CEO of MDEC, at the announcement.
Sunway iLabs is a unique, not-for-profit concept where Sunway University, Sunway Group, and Sunway Ventures (Sunway’s corporate venture capital arm) work closely together in a collaborative space to foster entrepreneurship and stimulate market-driven innovations. Sunway iLabs are in sync with the wider startup ecosystem in Malaysia and abroad through collaborations and strategic partnerships, to enable entrepreneurs to scale their business faster.
- G — Global expansion opportunities for growing startups
- R — Ready access to high-speed broadband and fibre optic connectivity
- O — Optimised for funding and facilitation opportunities
- W — Workforce-ready via a robust talent development ecosystem
- T —Technologically focused to attract global tech companies as anchor tenants
H — Holistic convenience and lifestyle experience
For more information on Sunway iLabs, log on to https://innovaLonlabs.sunway.edu.my